Thursday, January 21, 2010

News and Notes of the Day (yes I am bored at work)



Conan vs. Leno
I used to feel sorry for Conan until he settled today with NBC... for the tune of 45 million dollars, of which 33 million goes into his pocket (the rest goes to his staff of over 200 people).

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show-with-conan-o-39-brien/show/44070/news/tv-news.en.ap.org/tv-news.en.ap.org-20100121-us_tv_leno_o_brien

This whole late night fiasco is dumbfounding to me... you'd think that NBC would have learned a thing or two after their first f***-up when they let Letterman go to CBS. But no, in true ignoramus fashion they screw this up too. And, then to let BOTH of their late night guys go on TV and badmouth their employer is beyond me. There must be a booth of monkeys running things over there at NBC.

Seriously if I had been in charge the first thing I would have done is tell Conan and Jay... "Shut the f*** up, don't say one disparaging word about this network or we'll sh!tcan you, your show, and beat up the guys in the band so fast your head will ooze puss for a week."


But, they screwed this whole thing up from the get-go by moving Jay to prime time to compete with big time shows like CSI Miami, The Mentalist, The Good Wife, and Piranhas with Nigel Marven (it's an Animal Planet thing - what is more awesome than piranhas... Jay Leno... I don't think so).

At the very least the squabbling and name calling has at least made both Leno and Conan watchable. Maybe NBC is on to something there...

(p.s. I'm a Letterman guy anyway)



John Edwards: Dad
Well Surprise... John Edwards is Francis Quinn Hunters father.

After two years of adamantly denying that he fathered a child with Rielle Hunter, his mistress and former campaign aid ol' John came forward and said, "yep, she's of my seed," or something like that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_re_us/us_edwards_daughter

What a sh!thead. And, to think I actually supported this guy at one time thinking he might make a good president. Not that fathering a child with your mistress then denying the affair, then denying the dad part, then hiding out while your wife fights an incurable cancer all the while your running for president is a bad thing... er, maybe it is. Who am I to judge?

I can't wait to see how baby Rielle feels about dad when she gets old enough to understand that he denied her being for 2 years. That's gotta make her feel all warm and fuzzy. Hello future emotional mess and media darling.

Anyway, I especially like the quote in the article attached above by Wade Smith, Edwards attorney, "To say that life has been hard for John Edwards for the past year would be an enormous understatement." Jeez, you think? It could have all been avoided by doing one little thing... KEEP YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS.

And, speaking of dick in your pants.

Tiger Woods in Sex Rehab

According to reports and a recent fuzzy photo (above) Tiger Woods has checked himself into a Sex Rehabilitation Clinic for sex addition.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1955406,00.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

That's the dumbest rehabilitation clinic I have ever heard of. I don't have sex anywhere near as much as Tiger and I only have it with one woman and I will admit that I am addicted to sex.

Oh where, oh where do I go to cure this crazy, maddening disease?

Give me a f***ing break.

If this isn't a PR move then call me Francis and color me stupid. He is there for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only and I have listed them by importance.

1. To Save His Image: Sponsors have been dropping him like I drop the f-bomb when I drink. He needs to salvage what little good karma he has so that he doesn't lose them all and some nitwit handling him is telling him "two words tiger: sex rehab. America wants you to get help."

What a dumb ass. America wants him to play golf... as soon as he starts winning tournaments again America will forget ol' what's her name and start loving this guy again.

Want proof, these clinics don't tell anyone who is visiting them or using their services for fear of being sued off their asses. I recently did some construction work for a battered women's shelter and before they would even tell me where the f***ing building was located I had to sign confidentiality papers. The only way someone found Tiger in Arkansas (by the way, they specialize in brother/sister sex rehab) is because Tiger's people leaked it, so that America can start forgiving him. If I am wrong when Tiger gets out he'll sue the clinic, if I am right he won't.
2. To Save His Marriage: And, this is a distant second. As I've stated before Tiger's problem wasn't having sex with a bunch of different women... Tiger's problem was getting married. Look at Derek Jeter, he gets laid more in a day than a plane full of people visiting Hawaii. Does he have any PR problems, addictions, or any less sponsors because of this behavior, er, I mean addiction. Nope, because he's not married.

As for Elin, hopefully she has the self respect to say, "I don't f***ing need this sh!t, give me my money and get the f*** out of my life golf boy."

That's news of the moment... enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment