Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A-Team ROCKS

Watching this trailer made my wiener move.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808402981/video/17565315

If I had to pick a TV show that defined my youth it would have to be the A-Team. It's the first show I can remember "having to watch" every week it came on. For some in my generation it was The Incredible Hulk, others The Dukes of Hazzard, , some even went for The Fall Guy (Heather Thomas... grrrr), but for me... I loved it when a plan came together.


I haven't been this excited for the release of a move since about this same time 3 years ago for the movie Transformers. I was just in awe that someone was taking one of my favorite toys as a child (from 20 some odd years ago) and turning it into a major motion picture... and they didn't disappoint. Well, with the A-Team it's happening again and hopefully the results will be the same.

With that said, I'd have to say the A-Team is the #1 movie I am looking forward to this year. What are the remaining 4 of my Top 5 you ask... well...


5. The Green Hornet - Love the Green Hornet... however, very interested to see Seth Rogan as the Green Hornet. Yes, that Seth Rogan, of Knocked Up and Superbad fame. Supposedly he has trimmed himself down for the role of Britt Ried, aka The Green Hornet. Let's hope so. Hope Jay Chou can pull off Kato too. Whose Jay Chou you ask... beats me, but he'd better be Bruce Motherf***ing Lee bad. There are a lot of uncertainties around this film, but hopefully they can pull it off. I'm a big action movie kinda guy and this should be right up my alley. (December 22)


4. The Pacific - From HBO and the producers of Band of Brothers comes The Pacific; the story of the Pacific theater of war during World War II. OK, so it's not an actual movie theater movie, it's on HBO, but I guarantee it will be the best drama you will get this year from screen or TV. And, after the awesomeness of Band of Brothers I am sure it will kick some ass. Can't frickin wait. (March 2010)


3. TRON: Legacy - When I heard they were coming out with a continuation of the original TRON movie I dusted off my old TRON VCR tape and made my kids watch it, they thought it looked archaic, but liked it... a lot. I ran out and bought the DVD and have been counting the days since.

I'll admit the dated computer system, dubbed Master Control, is weak, hell, my phone is more powerful than that now, but the special effects used in the movie are still awesome. I loved the premise in 1982 of a guy getting sucked into a video game and having to fight his way out and I love the idea even more in 2010 with all the advancements in technology this movie should be visually stunning and stone cold shit awesome.

Think of it this way back in '82 you would have been sucked into Pacman or Asteroids with their sorry ass graphics, now your getting sucked into HALO or Call of Duty... it's gonna be huge. So far the leaked photos and teaser trailer look amazing, so it should be awesome. And, you know Microsoft and Sony are chomping at the bit to get the video games out. (December 17)


2. Iron Man II - In 2007 my son turned 7 and he and I went and saw Transformers. He didn't know anything about Transformers and didn't know what to expect. He was bitch smacked by that movie. Since that day we sit down in the late winter and start picking out the action movies we want to go see; Spider Man 3, The Incredible Hulk, Star Wars, Transformers II and on and on. He's my action movie going buddy. This year Iron Man II is at the top of his list (only because he doesn't know anything about the A-Team). The trailers look wicked. Let's hope they don't go "Batman Crazy" on us and start putting in more role players and stories than one would care to follow with stupid plots and cheesy ass outfits (aka Arnie's Mr Freeze or Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face). Just keep it ball kickin cool.

1. A-Team - Hannible, Face, B.A., and Murdock team up in what is sure to be an action packed, gut wrenching, good time. Complete with revamped background stories and actors, but with the same ol' things we loved about the A-Team; A bad ass van, guns, explosions, smooth talkin Face, crazy ass Murdock, plane-hatin B.A., and the man that loves it when a plan comes together. Oh, and throw in one Jessica Biel as female lead and whatcha got... bonafide blockbuster. Or, at the very least a ball busting thrill ride that I am more excited to see than the lord at the pearly gates.

Honorable Mentions: Shrek Forever After, Toy Story III, Red Dawn (remade, please don't screw that up) and The Sorcerers Apprentice.

That's my list. 2011 is gonna have the Green Lantern, Stretch Armstrong (yep that Stretch Armstrong), Transformers III, Captain America, Thor, Cars II... and of course I can't wait for those either.

p.s. Why is Powder Blue not on this list, especially since I said it was one of the most noteworthy news items of 2009. Because, I think I've seen all the good parts, if you know what I mean. Seriously, is that movie really getting any better than Jessica Biel splashing hot wax on her naked body.

I don't think so.


So, that's it. Let me know what your looking forward too in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment